I have really dry skin on my face at the moment, and then other times it’s kind of oily. Avocados are all the rage at the moment (irritatingly so), but the upside is that they are available in most grocery shops. When I was a kid, we would stock up when we went to visit relatives in Harlesden, Brixton and Peckham. My nan has them growing in abundance outside her bungalow in Jamaica! They are packed with so much fatty acid goodness!
Here is an easy DIY Avocado face mask which is great if your skin is really dry at the moment, like mine!
- Mash a quarter of a ripe avocado into a bowl
- Mix in a teaspoon of full fat yoghurt into a paste
- Apply to clean skin and leave for 15 minutes
- Remove with a warm, wet flannel
- Use weekly to maintain soft and smooth skin 🙂
Adapted from Try it! Natural Remedies, Dorling Kindersley, London (2016)